- Free extra hauling begins at 6am on the first Wednesday of each month. If the first Wednesday of the month falls on a holiday, collection will occur the following Wednesday.
- The resident must contact the Public Works Division (931-6659) at least three days prior to the collection date to schedule collection (this would be the Monday before the first Wednesday by 3 PM). If you do not get an answer, please leave a message with your name, address, phone #, and items to be picked up. All messages are acted upon and calls returned.
- Items may not be placed at the curb for collection greater than 24 hours prior to the scheduled collection day.
- Items for collection must be placed curbside no later than 6 AM on the scheduled day of collection.
- Leaves, grass clippings, and other debris must be placed in bags.
- This service is curbside only.
- Tree limbs must be stacked neatly and cut no longer than 6 feet in length and 2 inches in diameter.
- Branches and brush must be separated from other debris for chipping.
- Remodeling and commercial debris as well as dirt, rocks, bricks, concrete, etc. will not be picked up by the city.
- Tree stumps, trunks, and larger branches can be hauled with a special truck but must be identified to Public Works when scheduling collection.
- Additional extra hauling is available for a fee and must be scheduled with the Public Works Division (931-6659). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The City of Durant offers pick up of sharps for disposal at no additional charge. Customers needing the service should call Public Works at (580) 931-6659. An empty container will be delivered to the customer’s address and will be picked up upon request. It is not necessary to explain the contents or reason for disposal. Loose needles in household trash are a potential hazard to waste department employees, the public, and the environment. The City will collect and store these items for proper disposal.