Line Maintenance Tips
- The earlier you call during our work hours, the better. If you call at 2:45PM, chances are we will not get to you that day unless it’s a severe issue. Conversely, if you call at 7:30AM, there is a possibility we would be able to work your issue into that day unless it’s a multiphase job.
- We have 3 operational crews. Our jobs are planned out a week in advance. They are planned out, for the most part, in the order they were received. We currently are seeing the addition of 4-7 new reported issues per day versus the ability to complete 3-5 issues per day. Severity of the issue is also taken into consideration. Most standard jobs take between 4-6 hours to complete. Severe/Emergency jobs typically take 6-8 hours to complete and require more personnel, lessening the amount of operational crews we have available.
- You must also understand that we, on occasion, have “all hands on deck” situations in the event of a major line breakage. In that eventuality, all personnel will be sent to that location to affect immediate repair. If they are in the middle of a standard leak repair or a tap installation, they will be removed from that location and dispatched to the emergency location.
- We cannot and will not perform/conduct work on private property without a utility easement. Our water/wastewater operators can lose their license for doing so.
- Lastly, realize that if we could complete every job as they come in, we would. Furthermore, we completely understand that when a resident/business owner has a water/wastewater problem, they want it repaired as soon as possible. However, there is a tasking roster for jobs. When you call in a leak and/or sewer backup it’s placed at the bottom of the roster, behind the jobs that were called in before it. The only exception to this is the severity of your problem. It’s also important to realize that leak repairs and sewage backups are not all that we do. We also have line installations, hydrant installations, tap installations, parts replacements, manhole repairs/maintenance, lift station maintenance/repairs, and preventive maintenance on the water/wastewater distribution system.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>