Solid Waste Collection
Litter, Trash & Debris Removal
To request removal of litter and other debris from public property
contact the Solid Waste Collection Department at 580-931-6660 or 931-6656
CURBSIDE EXTRA HAULING:
1. Free extra hauling begins at 6am on the first Saturday of each month. If the first Saturday of the month falls on a holiday, collection will occur the following Saturday
2.The resident must contact the Public Works Division (931-6656) at least three days prior to the collection date to schedule collection (this would be the Wednesday before the first Saturday by 5 PM). If you do not get an answer, please leave a message with your name, address, phone #, and items to be picked up. All messages are acted upon and calls returned.
3. Items may not be placed at the curb for collection greater than 24 hours prior to the scheduled collection day
4. Items for collection must be placed curbside no later than 6:00 AM on the scheduled day of collection
5. Leaves, grass clippings, and other debris must be placed in bags
6. This service is curbside only
7. Tree limbs must be stacked neatly and cut no longer than 6 feet in length and 2 inches in diameter
8. Branches and brush must be separated from other debris for chipping
9. Remodeling and commercial debris as well as dirt, rocks, bricks, concrete, etc. will not be picked up by the city
10. Tree stumps, trunks, and larger branches can be hauled with a special truck but must be identified to Public Works when scheduling collection
Please take note of the requests below in order to make collection
as efficient as possible.
- Place polycart NO further than 3 feet away from the street.
- Put polycart out the night before pickup day.
- Place polycart with the lid opening facing the street. Handles should face the house.
- Polycarts should be set away from mailboxes, cars, trees and any other obstructions.
- Two or more polycarts at a residence should be placed about 2 feet apart.
- Lids on polycarts need to be closed with no trash sticking out. No trash placed on lids.
- City provided polycarts ONLY. Extra cans or bags will be left at the curb.
- Brush, boards, metal or any other non-household waste should NOT be placed in polycarts.
- If waste is not collected for the above reasons, a separate trip for polycart collection will result in an additional charge of $25.80. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>